Ratatouile is a french food, originally vegetarian. I got the original recipe from http://www.beyond.fr/food/ratatouille.html but it just aint fun if I didnt modify some parts in it. Not so much vegetarian now. It has been tried, and it did taste real awesome! Its just that its a bit troublesome, so I wont cook it too often :p
Fresh Tomatoes – 2 kg
Eggplants – 2 huge pieces
Zucchinis – 2 huge pieces
Bell Pepper – 3 huge pieces
Onions – 1.5 kg
Shitake (or/and any other mushroom) – 700 g
Salami and chicken broth – total of 700 g
Garlic 12 big cloves
Herbes de Provence (Basil, thyme, parsley)
Tomato Paste 200 gr
Salt and Pepper to taste
How To Cook:
1. Cut the eggplant into rondelles; keep separate. Peel the zucchini, cut into rondelles, keep separate. Clean the bell pepper, cut into small strips, keep separate. Chop the onion, keep separate.
2. Peel, de-seed and drain the tomatoes
3. Using four separate cooking pots, put some olive oil in the bottom; put in the eggplant, zucchini, pepper, and onion into their own pots; sprinkle some flour onto the eggplant and onto the zucchini. Put the four pots on to cook slowly. Each cooks for about 30 minutes, but test and cook each until correctly soft.
4. In a large cooking pot with a thick bottom, put in olive oil, chopped garlic, herbes de Provence -two huge tablespoons. Squeeze the tomatoes in by hand. Cook slowly until you have a thick tomato sauce.
5. Add the four separately cooked vegetables and the Shitake, Chicken Broth, and Salami, to the tomato sauce, -add oregano to taste, Id love 3-4 tablespoons. Also salt and pepper, Id love 3 big pinches of pepper and no salt- mix thoroughly and heat. Pour off the excess oil from the top. It’s ready to serve.
6. eat with passion <3
Original recipe from http://www.beyond.fr/food/ratatouille.html